Monday, October 18, 2010

unexpected HFMD!

I am down with HFMD...most likely.
Mummy did not bring me to see doctor... ...that's why we say most likely.

For the past week, in fact probably since Monday 11th Oct 2010 thereabout, I began to be fussy over food again...and I have not behaved like that for quite a while...
Mummy thought I was just being difficult and did not think much of it.

Once I complained ..."Mouth painful" ... Mummy thought I probably knocked into some toy..and just hush hush me over it...as I did not really create a fuss out of it...
I kept sticking my little finger into my mouth and I was salivating quite a bit...
but I was still my active self, running about, climbing here and there...
and everytime I went to school, the teachers checked my hands and feet and mouth too...nothing unusual...

eating bread...mummy fed me one by one...

little red dots on my palms but not quite visible on the photo


ulcers in my mouth

little red dots on my feet...

According to what Mummy has read, HFMD begins with a fever...
hmm...I did not have a fever so far...Mummy had not noticed any...
it was only until Friday...that is when I said "mouth painful" again... then Mummy checked my mouth again thoroughly and saw quite a few ulcers...three on the inner part of my lower lip and a patch on the right tip of my tongue...
that's when Mummy think it should be HFMD!

Originally she thought of bringing me to the doctor the next morning...but then...
there is no specific medicine for HFMD anyway...they will just tell you to give plenty of water, be extra careful with the cleanliness especially the hands, avoid crowded areas etc...
And since I was behaving just like normal, no fever...so Mummy did not bring me to the doctor afterall...but I do have more red little dots on my palms and soles... ...

During these few days when I rejected my meals, Mummy will try to give me small pieces of cornflakes or bread...and at least I ate some...then I drank lots of "Cold Cold Ribena" too...plus Mummy gave me more jelly to eat... I showed some difficulty to drink my milk though I will still finish it after some time...
I also gestured in silence more rather than speak out the words...

Overall, Mummy is glad and a little surprised that I have been such a great boy despite the discomfort of having HFMD.

No comments: