Sunday, February 24, 2008

I have arrived!!

I am Asher Seah Z-I. (Xie Zeyu)
Delivered in Thomson Medical Centre on 15th February 2008 Friday.
My mummy is Lindy Jin, Daddy is Alvin Seah.

Many of mummy's and daddy's friends say I am "tee gong kia" because 15th Feb 2008 is Lunar CNY Day 9, which is "Tian Gong's Day" when every religious chinese will pay respects to the "Tian Gong"...hehe...if I really am, I hope I will be able to bring blessings and abundance of happiness to Daddy and Mummy and our family, which of course comprises of Golden and Silver lah.

Today is the 10th day of my life and Mummy and I have decided to start a blog to record my progress and life journey...

I am named Asher because of 3 reasons:
1. Asher follows Alvin Daddy, both start with the letter 'A'
2. Asher = Happy & Blessed. Mummy says when I was in her womb, she had a happy and blessed pregnancy, which I had not been naughty and most importantly, she wants me to be happy and blessed in my life journey
3. Asher contains 5 Letters, same as Alvin and Lindy. So mummy says, if I have a younger sister who comes along later, she will be named Leann Seah, but if it is going to be a younger brother...... no name yet loh. HAHA

I was originally due on 13th Feb but I was simply too comfortable in Mummy that I refused to come out....and I wasn't gaining weight anymore...so Dr. Caroline Khi suggested inducing my arrival...

14th February 2008:
1600hrs:
A tablet was inserted into mummy to commence inducing, to have more contractions, Mummy's dilation improved from 0.5cm to 1.5cm within half hour...

15th February 2008:
0000hrs:
Mummy admitted to hospital but the CTG scan shows not much improvements...seems like I was very stubborn ... SORRY MUMMY
0900hrs - 1030hrs:
Mummy's dilation only at 2.5cm...Dr.Khi had to burst waterbag...mummy was very disappointed why I just dont seem to be interested in coming out.
1040hrs:
Still not much improvements...so had to put mummy on a drip to induce more contractions to get me out...the nurses say judging at the rate, i will comeout prbly only around evening before dinnertime...
1245hrs:
Daddy had to go becos' of work and Mummy also agreed he should go now instead of delaying and dragging, so that he can rush back in time to witness my arrival...
1310hrs:
Dr. Khi came by to check and realised mummy's dilation already 5cm...I could hear her encouragements to Mummy, telling Mummy that she's doing well as so far did not even request for any pain relief...and Dr. Khi say I will likely be out earlier than evening. BUT HOW?! Daddy's not here and will only be back by 6pm. Upon hearing that, Dr Khi said had to remove the drip on Mummy to slow down the contractions...so Mummy and I tahan....
1610hrs:
Mummy's dilation 8CM le!!! Daddy!! Where are you??!!! Asher is coming....
By now, mummy started using the "Laughing Gas" to minimise her feel of the pain of me pushing down the birth canal...BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT....
Maybe becos I am inside mummy, I could feel she felt lonely in the delivery ward as the nurses walked in and out to check on her...as much as she tried to relax and think of Golden and Silver, with the classical music playing in the background, I could still feel her loneliness without daddy's presence...daddy where are you??
1755hrs:
With her blurry eyes, she finally saw daddy!!! Few drops of tears rolled down mummy's cheeks as she see the nurse bring daddy in...
mummy's dilation about 9CM le...soon I will be out to see you Mummy and Daddy!!
Mummy & Daddy's conversation:
Blurr Daddy: Dear, are you ok? BB leh? Where's BB? U saw BB already?? (Touching mummy's tummy)
Confused Mummy: BB is still here. (Pointing to her tummy) What are you talking?
Blurr Daddy: Eh...Don't bluff me...the nurse sms me to tell me you give birth le..and Asher's ok. (showing mummy the sms on his mobile phone)
Tired Mummy: That number is SANN loh. Didn't you read the QUESTION MARK tagged behind the words? "Lindy ok? Baby out?"
Blurr Daddy: OMG!! I already sent sms to everyone, say you delivered and my baby boy Asher is out le.
1800hrs:
By now confused mummy is so tired to even laugh at him le....she immediately asked the nurse to ask for Dr. Khi to come ...but nurse say still must wait till 10cm...
1830hrs:
Dr. Khi camed mummy keep telling her she feels like shitting....which is a sign of me pushing out of the birth canal severely le...mummy can finally start pushing to get me out
Mummy started pushing and pushing...using all the strength she has....but still cant get me out..mummy felt so demoralising when nurse say only can see 3 STRANDS of my hair...but slowly push again and again...Dr. Khi say can see my head le....try harder...MUMMY...you can do it...focus..
1930hrs+:
Finally I was vacumned out by Dr. Khi as Mummy was too exhausted to push le....and there I was...came out without even crying...HEHEHE

Other than Dr. Khi, the nurses, Daddy and Mummy, the next first person I met is Godma Sann..

To be continued....


No comments: