Monday, March 29, 2010

Mummy's Voice: missing out on you

My Asher...time flies and you seemed a big boy now at times... ...
As much as I tell myself to blog more often about your progress, just like before...I realised I just can't seem to do it. I am sorry. I hope I will be better...

Anyway...you are now 2 years 2 months old soon...
You have been talking more...you are able to repeat after what we say, though not in full sentence, but broken up...and the teachers at Bibinogs school all seem to adore you...
the "cuteness" you displayed to them behind your "cool cool" appearance, is something that has mesmerized them deeply.

my cool boy

where's my sunglass?!
WORDS/MEMORY
You have been singing after songs while in the car...but of course not in full sentences, generally just couple of words along... ...and I noticed you seem to remember and can say/act out in advance the the words/scenarios that will follow shortly after a particular part. Your speech is improving lots of recent...can say quite a number of words in a sentence.
NUMBERS
0 to 10 ... you had been able to recognise the numbers since sometime ago...but I don't think you know how many they actually represent...Let's work harder in this COUNTING area...hopefully you Maths area will not be too bad..
A-Z ALBHAPET/PHONICS
You are doing the full A-Z Zoophonics pronounciation and action well too...able to match the different cards and since a while back you have been able to recognise the 26 letters and can say out some words that represent the letters too. :)
Oh and I think you love the Zoo Phonics time!


FINE MOTOR SKILLS
You are starting to scribble lots, and I am trying to get you to write. :)
You can follow the directions pretty ok and write out the letters/numbers when held along by my hand...but of course I know it is still along way to go.
Your pincer-grab skills is getting better and you can manage stickers pretty much on your own these days...just that I will not know where they end up to be later. You are self-feeding yourself pretty well too. :)



SHARING & TAKING TURNS
Generally you are not a stingy boy. In fact I am happy that you seem pretty generous. You are often willing to give and share...I am most happy at your love and big heart towards your little brother Ayden (I know I have mentioned countless time!). Still, you are at the TERRIBLE TWOS age and there are always times you refused to budge too...Mummy got to know how to tackle that and sometimes it work, sometimes it does not. Well afterall, that's what TERRBILE TWOS does. ;p


POTTY TRAINING
You don't seem to like to sit on the potty...
anyway mummy's not spending as much effort as sometime ago to potty train you.
Just asking you to go pee every now and themn. You are able to pee when you say you want to. I guess you can understand the urge to wanna pee and poo but still not able to say it out on initiative unless we ask you. Well I will put you on intensive potty train once we shift into the new place. :P

your favourite pee spot


PICTURE RECOGNITION & READING!
You are able to recognise quite a number of pictures and say out the word like kite, castle, cake, apple, orange, boat, truck, van, cloud, moon, bird, dog, cat, tiger, lion, fire engine, ambulance, tractor, car, zebra, giraffe, elephant and many more...

COLORS/SHAPES
You can recognise quite a number of basic colors like Red, Blue, Black, White, Brown, Yellow, Green, Purple, Pink, Orange and shapes like Square, Rectangle, Triangle, Circle...

SORTING/DIFFERENCE
You are able to sort according to shapes, colors...and knows the difference between BIG and SMALL...but limited to certain objects for sorting.
IMAGINATION & CO-RELATION
I think all kids really have wonderful imagination...
Give you a clamshell and you think it can be a butterfly..that really amuses me. :)
Your love for cars, buses probably resulted in your love for ramp too...which you will just take anything flat, be it a book or a piece of cardboard and imagine it to be a ramp.
Sometimes, you put 2 lego blocks together, 1 long and 1 short and make it out to be a gun. :D


DRAMATISING & ROLE-PLAY
You simply love it!
Sometimes you are a doctor, sometimes you are just acting anyone, anything out.
And you love piggy back rides especially with daddy too.
MUSIC & MOVEMENT
I thought you didnt like to dance when you don't follow along in the playgroup sessions.
BUT I was wrong.
I tried dancing with you together at home and you love it!
Are you just trying to be COOL in class, just like what Teacher Yani says?

You like playing with all sorts of musical instruments...like tambourine, maraccas, guitar but your favorite seems to be the drum. Even if you do not have the real instruments like the guitar, you always use the broom and act as if that is your guitar... :)

GROSS MOTOR SKILLS
The least to be worried about!
You exudes the most confidence and self-belief in this area, yet seldom over-attempts beyond your ability. You jump from a flight of stairs and land super well and balanced.
Maybe I should consider sending you to Gymnastics in future. Hehe..

INTERPRETATION/UNDERSTANDING
You are getting better and better at understanding and interpreting what we say as the days goes by. You are able to follow 2, 3 stages instructions and I am happy at that. Except for your occasional tantrums when you are obviously tired, grouchy or when you are simply frustrated at not being able to convey your intentions to us. I can understand that..we both need more time.

Of recent, we haven't been reading much like before...or rather eversince Little Ayden came along or even earlier during my late stage of pregnancy...
Instead you watch Doraemon so much, it has become your best friend.
Hmm..you ditch Barney for Doraemon!
Hopefully when we shift and settle in at our new place, we can get you back to reading more often. :)
Really look forward to settling in our new place!

No comments: