Monday, March 21, 2011

My recent developments

I have always been a very active boy...
physically ...I should be rather fit as I hardly fall sick..even when I do, Mummy rarely gives me any medicine..
After just a night on the bicycle (4 wheels), I can pedal so well without help on my new bicycle!!

Language wise, I suppose I was never the fast learner as I was always more "cool and nonchalant...but now i talk alot...and always like to disturb our neighbour...Uncle Eric.

I am also becoming more and more like a "commander boy"

"No! Mummy, you talk to Asher..."
"Mummy, you naughty!! Asher do it!!"
"Mummy, I show you!!"

I pretend to get angry when the adults do something before I could do it...
-like opening the mailbox, opening the gate,
-showing Mummy the words on the book as if I am the teacher and mummy is the student...
I will fold my arms across my chair and say "Mummy you naughty! HMM!! Asher do it!!"

I like to seek mummy's "approval" and praise...
"Mummy, can play/eat/go? Can or no?"
"Mummy, you angry?"
"Mummy, you not happy? you happy?"
"Mummy, just tired?"
"Mummy, look Asher share with Didi!!"
"Mummy, didi share with me!!"

And I always ask for 5 minutes of grace time...
5 mins to play
5 mins to eat
5 mins to sleep
5 mins!!!

Many commented I have quite a slang in my English, the way I talk...my pitch and tone is quite different...so sometimes they cannot quite get what I am saying...even Daddy.

In many areas, Mummy is happy with my progress...
but thinks she needs to work more on my fine motor skills more...
especially my pencil griping and writing...

recently, Mummy was surprised that when she asked me a few descriptive questions about some different forms of vehicles and I could name the respective vehicles!!!
Like... ...
- I am big and strong and I push earth & rocks aside. ANSWER: BULL DOZER
- I speed through the traffic with my siren with my lights flashing. I help people to get to a place where they get well again. ANSWER: AMBULANCE
- I make a loud noise with my siren and carry hoses that spray water. ANSWER: FIRE ENGINE
and more...

Most importantly, Mummy is very pleased with the way I treat Ayden, my little brother most of the times...I held back my fist which I had wanted to punch him when he snatched my toys, I held back my bite unlike last time which I would not have been able to control my emotion and bitten my brother which I regretted so much later...9 out of 10 times I would share my toys with Ayden and I am also happy to play together with him.. I have learnt and handle well that Ayden and I must learn to co-exist and compromise each other even sharing our parents' love and attention...I am also progressing well in terms of learning that I am an older boy with more responsibilities than my little brother, that I have to take care of him..

:) :D this is the face on MUMMY's and MINE!

No comments: