Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mummy's voice... ...post pregnancy

Why is Baby Asher not blogging today and is Mummy leh? Look at the following pictures and you will get the answer... ...

Baby Asher in mummy's laps and his Blog

Sleeping
still sleeping... ...


Happily sleeping... ...

Well Baby Asher is simply just too sleepy to do his blog. So mummy will blog today.

Has motherhood been fantastic?

Hmm...I can only say it is amazing... ... so much so that in the past, countless alarm clocks would just do the job of waking me up and then getting down to switching them off rather than out of bed..and there's always "the rest for another 5 mins excuse" and when I finally wake up in shock, OMG!!!LATE!!! ;p

BUT with Baby Asher, his cries and necessary feeding times can well keep me aware of the timing so much so that I don't seem to need an alarm clock anymore. Isn't it amazing?

So I am not amazing...but the birth of Baby Asher that's amazing, the process we (together as one)went through, with him in me, coming out of me and adapting to life outside with me that's amazing.

At times I am really pretty bored of the daily routine stuffs like Feeding Asher, Diaper changing, Expressing milk, Bottles cleaning and sterilising, putting Asher to bed, spending time with Golden and Silver(ensuring they are not neglected so that they will welcome and love Asher as well and of course out of love for them)...it seems so brainless stuffs that i am doing everyday...

BUT I know soon it will be over and I will be off into the next stage...so i better cherish every moment now...just like the ten months of pregnancy...Blink blink eyes, over le...

Anyway, Mummies are mummies....I can't believe that almost everything that I google/yahoo for these days, are all about the baby...about his mucus eye discharge, his jaundice, his milk consumption, his growth and jabs, infant's brain development and how to raise a happy baby... ...and the list goes on... ...Does that happen to all mummies?

As Baby Asher has previously mentioned...there were some nights when he was a terror.....i have to admit there was that split second I felt frustrated and wanted to throw Asher on the floor or take a pillow and cover him up(just an exaggerated illustration of the frustration I felt) which of course I didnt lah...but when i have just fed him at 11am, 1am, 2plus am and he still refuses to sleep and cry every now and then...when I have changed his nappies...sang to him...and finally just when I thought I have successfully coaxed him and put him into the cot, got into my bed and closed my eyes.........................THERE HE COMES AGAIN.....CRIES and CRIES and CRIES...and I repeated the same thing almost like 4,5 times in the same night(erm morning le)...until 4plus 5 am....time to feed him again...that's when I understand fully why post-pregnancy depression is so common.

BUT no worries, Baby Asher...I won't let you get Mummy down...I will learn and get going and get better everyday. :) Besides, you really haven't really been that difficult lah...must be fair to you.

So if there's any parents-to-be reading the blog, those "daddy-to-be", please provide more attention to mummy and also necessary moral, emotional and physical support. It's important. And "mummies-to-be", be it breastfeeding, handling the baby and etc...perseverance is the word...ultimately, sure can one...just hang on and the rainbow will come after the rain...

Today's blog by Mummy Lindy, who has embarked on the amazing motherhood journey...

No comments: