Saturday, January 2, 2010

My recent progress...

I am such a big boy...mummy often comment.
She feels it seem like a am so mature now...though I have yet to hit 2 years old.
Especially at times when I wake up from my nap/sleep, instead of crying, I will stand or sit or even squat there in the room for a while, before I walk out of the room myself in a very cool manner. Sometimes I even walk out and say "Hi".

I can say alot more words now and usually I can pick them up almost immediately except that my pronounciation is not so accurate.

Mummy recently taught me to say "Ai Ni" and "I Love You".
There are also quite a number of words that I uttered out on my own so accurately that kind of startled and impressed mummy. So babies really do learn and will say out on their on much later when they are ready. So talk to us more when we are young...dont think that we dont know or dont understand...one day when we say out the words, XIA SI NI ah!!! :D

I have grown too. Now I am about 87 to 88cm in height and weighs 12.3kg.
And of recent, I will say "wet wet" to tell mummy my diaper is getting too heavy and too wet.
My poo signals are getting pretty obvious too...sometimes I even say "poo poo" on my own.
But I have yet to be diaper free lah...mummy is not too much in a hurry to get me off the diapers...

Most of the letters in A to Z, I can recognise and relate to a particular word that represents it...like "K" for "Kite", "A" for "Asher", "D" for "Daddy", "M" for "Mummy", "C" for "Car" etc...
I can also recognise the numbers 1 to 9... ...
except for ZERO "0"....i still think it is an "O" as in the letter "O"...
Mummy is now trying to introduce 10 to 19 to me... though very slowly...

Although I am not reading my storybooks as often and regular as before, I am still able to relate to the stories everytime mummy reads to me. These days we also do alot more on "picture reading"...mummy will show me pictures and ask me to find the things in the picture and say some discriptions to me.

Language and conversation, interpretation, understanding and expression wise...mummy thinks I am developing pretty ok. I can understand "2-stage" instructions le...

Mummy has the least worries, in fact NO worries at all for my gross motor skills development. Jumping, climbing, walking, hopping...I probably score 110 over 100...heheheh simply because I am sometimes TOO "able" le...i climb with no fear. (Mummy's only worry in this aspect is I will be too active to handle in future.)

As for my fine motor skills, should be ok too. I have been able to drink soup from a bowl on my own, drink water, juice from a cup, eat on my own using a spoon and bowl... ...pick up tiny things using my two fingers...

Social skills etc...hmmm I am still learning...
learning to share and take turns... sometimes i can do it, sometimes i can't.
But I will try.
;p

No comments: