Friday, January 22, 2010

The Toughest Job on Earth!

Being a Daughter-In-Law who is also a Mother at the same time... ...

Why?

Because, usually the man (husband) cannot be bothered to care much...
and everything else is left to the wife...the kids, the household, the future, the plannings etc...

Today I share with my hubby that I don't really fancy Asher watching cartoons like Doraemon at this age. Not too much at least. Not like repeating the disc over and over again...
What can he possibily learn from Doraemon? No doubt, it can be entertaining, but to be watching the same disc over and over and over again is really too much...
Hubby says:" Do something about it then. Too much of complaining from you doesnt do anything too..."

I am pissed. "too much of COMPLAINING??????????!!!!!!!!"
I am just telling him what I think and NOT complaining.
What can I do anyway?
I do not even know where I stand now.
I do not even dare to be firm on what I want for my kids now.
Because, I will be deemed at COMPLAINING!
No wonder my FIL thinks I complain. COS' my hubby now makes the same comment too.

What is wrong with just wanting to teach my kids the way I think it should be?
Many things I already do not interfere...and learn to close ONE EYE, sometimes TWO.
Becos' I believe they do too...sometimes closing both eyes. SO it is important to compromise.
BUT WHY IS IT THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND AND CANNOT UNDERSTAND??!!
Saying in direct and tactfully, still people say you calculative and so on...
Being nice and try not to think too much of it...people say you hypocrite...

Being a DIL, why can't I just behave like a man who is a son-in-law to my family...
not to be bothered and don't have to care what my family thinks of him?
Why being a DIL, I have to care for my hubby's family like my own and yet end up in this way?

I ask myself...
I tried my best to be a wife to my hubby...
to play a supportive role to him be it in his work or family...
I cook for him whenever I could...
I make tea for him when he comes home...
I take care of his household etc...
DID MY HUBBY TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY like I TAKE CARE OF HIS FAMILY???
Perhaps no...but i never complain.

I ask myself...
I tried my best to be a dutiful and respectful DIL...
helping in whatever ways I can...be it caring for the folks, helping with household bills and at least some chores, plans for them etc...

I ask myself...
I tried to be a mummy as much as I can...
reading up, learning and being hands on as much as I can and yet still remember to make time for the folks to have the grandson in their hands and company...because I know they dote and love him too.

Despite the fact that I have my own career, work and family like my mum and siblings to care for too...

But sorry, you will never be appreciated.
Because you are just a DIL. I never use to think this way.
I need to change.
Maybe it is my problem. It should be.

No comments: