Friday, July 31, 2009

Asher's Unplanned Outing Yesterday...

420pm:

"zou3, zou3!!", Asher uttered.(in Mandarin)

He was walking up and down the front yard, the living hall and so on... ...
My baby Asher seemed so bored. He requested to go walk walk...

So I took his bag, my bag and without a second thought, whizzed him into his car seat.
Baby Asher was delighted at the sight of our car and of course getting into the car.

At that point of time, Mummy Lindy me, still hadn't an idea where to bring my baby.
I thought of bringing him to GoGo Bambini, the indoor playground at Dempsey. However at five months pregnant and without Hubby around, it didnt seem a good idea, as I would have to climb about with him. Called Daddy, :D he is just 5 mins away from home...but he doesn't seem interested to go as he said, "But I am very tired, dear..." So I got to go on my own. Or maybe I should just bring Asher to Macdonalds? Hmm... ... Oh yah! There is Godma Sann! So I drove over to her residence's carpark. Ok, car is at home, so she should be too...called her...great! She is available....BUT TOO BAD, she is running a FLU. (worse, got a bad scratch on the car as I turned out of the car park lot...) :( Ok, being a rugged mummy who can't bear to see the bored look on Asher's face not going away....I decided to proceed as planned. GoGo Bambini!!Here we come!!

At GoGo Bambini, just like other indoor playground, you got to put on your socks...that's why I brought along Asher's. Infact i always keep a pair for him in his bag. BUT I forgot mine! Paid $3 for it anyway. Initially Asher was reluctant to put on the socks, after some coaxing, done! We explored the place cautiously as it was certainly crowded, despite being a weekday. The older children there are certainly rough.

AND YOU SIMPLY JUST CANNOT BELIEVE IT!
We met this group of 3 rough-playing children, 2 boys and 1 girl, probably 6 to 9 years old.(seemed like half Asian/half Ang Moh)
We came by the ball pit and I sat by looking after Asher "swimming" in the pool of balls. I was very cautious too as this 3 kids were climbing high up and attempting free falls into the ball pit wihout caring for the smaller children in the ball pit. And they kicked the balls so hard that many of the balls flew out of the ball pit, and laid everywhere outside...then the girl came up to me and said, "YOU! go fetch the balls back in." I was stunned and simply taken aback at her demanding attitude. I felt like walking up to her parents and tell them straight in the face, to take their kids in hand and educate them properly. Is that how they talk to people they don't even know?!! Well, maybe that's how they talk to their maid, family and even in school.
Simply NO manners!

Just like what I always tell people that when dogs misbehave, they cannot blame the dogs. It is the owners' fault for not disciplining, teaching or guiding the dogs properly about the right behaviour, or even giving them the attention they require.

The same goes for our children. I am glad so far, Asher's considerably fine. Everytime after playing something, somewhere...like a playground or those musical cars which you put in a dollar coin etc...when I say it is time to go, wave bye bye and we come back another day etc...Asher usually will be willing to wave goodbye and go off without throwing a tantrum. Not to mention, he is so far pretty generous in sharing his food, toys etc with people when i say he got to offer and share.

Since young, I have been teaching him to share his things by offering and show his love by greeting, hugging or kissing on the cheek.
And he has been doing it well...of course in return we offer him the same and lots of praise, encouragement and applause. And I try to respect Asher by respecting his choice...unless at times he shouldnt be having a choice or exceeded his choice.

Well, don't think they don't know when they are babies or toddlers. They definitely know!
Let's hope he will continue to be this way or even better.

No comments: